Medical Assistant Program
Journey Medical Training Center offers a 16-week training and preparation program for certification as a medical assistant.
Registration and Tuition Payment
|Application Fee ||$75.00|
|Medical Assistant Course Fee ||$2,581.30|
|Student CPR ||$45.00|
Program Class Schedules
Monday through Thursday:
6:00pm-8:00pm: Lecture, Classroom Assignments, Videos, Games, Group Discussions
Tuesday and Wednesday:
Externship (Hours may vary according to facility hours)
8:00am-4:30pm: Externship at Clinic
2023 Class Start Dates
|Start Date||End Date|
June 5, 2023
September 15, 2023
|September 11, 2023||December 15, 2023|
Medical Assistant Program
To participate in this program, students must have access to a computer and the internet and must be able to access Google Classroom, Zoom, and WhatsApp on their devices. On Monday through Thursday of the first twelve weeks, lectures and classroom assignments will be held from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays, lab exercises will be held from 8:15pm to 9:30pm. During the last 4 weeks of the program, students will take part in externships Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 4:30pm (times may vary according to facility hours). After completion of the program, the graduate will be eligible to take the National Healthcare Association's Medical Assistant Certification Exam.
- Be at least 17 years of age.
- Complete the application and pay the $75.00 non-refundable fee.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Provide evidence of current MMR, Tetanus, negative TB screen, Influenza, and completed the Hepatitis B series.
- Provide a Driver's License, Federal or State ID Card, or Social Security Card.
- Provide a copy of your high school transcript and/or diploma, GED, or college transcript and/or diploma.
- Provide a current CPR card (may be taken at Journey Medical Training Center).
- Provide proof of immunization if needed for the clinical site.
- Computer access and Internet access (cannot have only phone access).
- Access to Google Classroom, Zoom, and WhatsApp.
- Textbook (provided by Journey Medical Training Center).
- Optional $50.00 Lab Kit may be purchased from the school for demonstration of skills.
Payment Plan Options
Payment plan does not include $75.00 application fee.
There is a 10% interest charge for the payment plan bringing tuition cost to $2,756.93. Final tuition payment must be made no later than the last day of class. (Grades or Certificate of Completion will not be released until all financial obligations have been met.)
Payment 2: $551.39 Third Friday of the program
Payment 3: $551.39 Sixth Friday of the program
Payment 4: $551.39 Ninth Friday of the program
Payment 5: $551.39 Twelfth Friday of the program